The Balloonisterer Project

Friday, July 14, 2006

Some progress

Well it's been a while. I have friends, well family and some bands.

I don't like asking to be someone's friends, but I was browsing bands from my past, and came across the official home page of the Residents (anonymous art musicians with a penchant for eyeball nasks, and over 30 years of anonymity. Makes them heroes. And for good measure, I share a name with their occasional guitar gues, Snakefinger, well sort of. Only, at the point of reading, it turns out their MySpace page is a few hours old and they have exactly one friend; so I need to apply to be a friend and I remained in their top 7 for ages.

As a result, I've been invited to be lots of friends to lots of really unusual bands, all with some merit. Which is cool, to find music you'd never find elsewhere.

But no other people to interact with. I tried a bulletin and got a reply, which was nice.

Anyway, the way to subvert MySpace is the economy with facts - information is currency, so spend it carefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home